Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 141

Thread: Music Trivia Games!

  1. #71
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh no, Gus You start these contest to early in the mornings....LOL...My brain is barely awake. I do see a few I recognize

    1) Queen Latifah
    2) Huey Lewis
    4) Mamma Cass Elliot
    6) Marilyn Manson
    7) Meatloaf
    10) Joni Mitchell
    13) Slash
    15) Cat Stevens (I might be wrong, but I think his real name was steve something and He changed it to Yusef after he converted)
    16) Donna Summers
    18 Sid Vicious
    20) Bill Wyman

    I just surprized myself, by knowing these. Ain't it wierd how the brain cells work (sometimes)

  2. #72
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Wow Rog, early morning or not, you da man! [img]cool.gif[/img]

    I would have researched the Cat Stevens deal but I was afraid our "government" would
    put me on a terrorist list! LOL! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

    About Yusef Islam not being his birth name, you are surely right (I know! Don't call you Shirley!) but I'll bet he would argue that it IS his REAL name!

    Hard to believe he gave up his music career for religion. I was a major fan of his and I
    still love his music from back in the day!

    I'll be back tonight. Keep 'em coming folks!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]
    Wink

  3. #73
    Inactive Member KLH's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 11th, 2002
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow! I almost missed this one.
    Im working out of town right now, and Im sitting
    in a hotelroom and just got my laptop connected
    to the hotels wireless internet connection
    Well, at least I got 2 names:
    #8 Freddie Mercury (Queen)
    #9 Georg Michael
    KLH [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #74
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good Job KLH [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    These are total guesses...is there any chance that #11 is Ricky Martin and #19 Stevie Wonder???

  5. #75
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Good evening folks! Is Mr. Ella something, or what?
    11 points, right off the [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] which means he has won this game,
    for all practical purposes.

    Good job Rog! All of your answers are correct-o-mundo!

    01) Queen Latifah = Dana Owens
    02) Huey Lewis = Hugh Cregg
    04) Mama Cass Elliot = Ellen Naomi Cohen
    06) Marilyn Manson = Brian Warner
    07) Meat Loaf = Marvin Lee Aday
    10) Joni Mitchell = Roberta Joan Anderson
    13) Slash = Saul Hudson
    15) Cat Stevens = Yusef Islam
    16) Donna Summer = La Donna Gaines
    18) Sid Vicious = John Simon Ritchie
    20) Bill Wyman = William Perks

    Hi KLH! Well done! You got 2 correct answers, out of only 9 possibilities!

    08) Freddie Mercury = Frederick Farookh Bulsara
    09) George Michael = Georgios Panayiotou


    There are still some points available here folks, so let's see who might know the correct answers, shall we?!?!

    Here are the remaining birth names for your perusal!

    03) Michelle Harrison
    05) Barry Alan Pincus
    11) Richard Melville Hall
    12) Charles Weedon Westover
    14) Mary Isobel Catherine O'Brien
    17) Herbert Khaury
    19) Stevland Morris

    Have fun and good luck ya'all!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]
    Wink

  6. #76
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Hola Ella!
    You ARE correct on one of your two answers.

    19) Stevland Morris is indeed Stevie Wonder

    11) Richard Melville Hall is not Ricky Martin though!

    Keep trying, won't you?!?! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    I will be back with HINT TIME tomorrow night folks!

    Yers truly,
    [img]wink.gif[/img]
    Wink Dangerdale

  7. #77
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    There are still some points available here folks, so let's see who might know the correct answers, shall we?!?!

    Here are the remaining birth names for your perusal!

    Who are these well-known music stars?

    03) Michelle Harrison
    05) Barry Alan Pincus
    11) Richard Melville Hall
    12) Charles Weedon Westover
    14) Mary Isobel Catherine O'Brien
    17) Herbert Khaury

    More later! [img]wink.gif[/img]

  8. #78
    Inactive Member Bohemian Twister's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2003
    Posts
    136
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Wink I know two of those.

    #11 is Moby
    #17 is Tiny Tim

    A guess on #3 is Michelle Phillips

    It looks like ellanoize has us beat again. Good job sir!

    Todd

  9. #79
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you Todd, I had a bit of advantage on this game, as I am an avid reader and one of my favorite genre of books is biographies of Musicians.

    I also want to tip my hat to our Host Wink Dangerdale, and his assioate Gus Danger, for taking the time and effort to put these brain teasers together.

    After taking one more look at the list, I think I am done, no more answers are jumping out at me. I do think I got the easy ones this time, leaving the difficult ones for Todd & KLH.

  10. #80
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Why thankyou Sir Rogalot! Putting the brain teasers together is a labor of love. I, too, am a trivia nut and I always learn stuff, in the process!

    Hola Mr. Twister! The two you "know" are definitely correct but Michelle Phillips was, I believe, originally known as Michelle Gilliam!

    Michelle Harrison is a hole other story! Hint Hint!

    See you fellers later with some more hints!

    Have a great day!
    [img]wink.gif[/img]
    GD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic